We have been given, as children of God, the incredible privilege of being able to come into His presence and lay our requests before Him. As Paul wrote:
Prayer is something that we are called to do both privately and corporately. With that in mind we, as Joshua Generation Church, will be participating, with our apostolic partners, Four12, in a day of prayer and fasting. The fast will begin at 2pm on Friday the 5th of February, 24 hours ahead of the Online Four12 Global Gathering on Saturday the 6th of February.
The reason we fast is not to somehow force God’s hand, or to bargain with God. Rather the purpose of fasting is to take our focus and time away from our physical needs and wants, putting our focus rather on spiritual matters. It is an opportunity to use the time and energy we would normally use in feeding our bodies to feed our spirits and commune with the Lord. If you would like to know more about why we engage in prayer and fasting, you can refer to this clip from two JoshGen leaders: Why do we fast and pray?
There are three key prayer points that we will be praying into together across the Four12 partnership of churches this coming Friday;
- Our Saints
- For the sustained health of every saint among us.
- That every saint will be filled with a peace and a boldness, that they can continue to stand in faith and not give in to feelings of fear.
- Our Churches
- For churches to continue to stand strong and not be swayed by the times we live in.
- That the church will experience inexplicable favour with government, in a time where it seems unlikely.
- That the church will be filled with boldness and will continue to proclaim the gospel and see many salvations as people turn to God.
- For an increase in the power of God and outpouring of His Spirit in our churches and on our people.
- Four12 and the Nations
- That we may remain unified and strong in our relationships across the Four12 field.
- For God to continue to work into the nations through us and provide the necessary resources to do so effectively.
- For the release of funds so that we can continue to care for the poor among us.
We are expecting great things as we join together with one heart in prayer – for where we dwell in unity, the Lord commands life and blessing (Ps 133).
We will be breaking the fast together during the online global gathering by the breaking of bread (communion). You can dial into the Online Global Gathering via the Four12 Facebook Page or the Four12 YouTube page this Saturday afternoon from 2pm to 4.30pm. We look forward to joining you there!